Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
Employers wanting an industry edge are recognising the benefits of having people with the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment in their workforce to ensure high quality, customised training for their staff. Achievement of the TAE40110 or Skill set is a national requirement for people who wish to train and assess accredited training courses (Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015, standard 1.14, 1.15).
Carson Australasia is committed to our students' success. Once you complete a Carson course, you become part of our family, you become a Carsonite!
We are here to provide you with the best opportunity to achieve your learning objective. We will ensure your experience with us is valuable and enjoyable. You will not only gain new skills and knowledge, but a deeper understanding of the learning environment and the VET sector. Our courses are interactive and engaging with hands on experience.
We understand that the learning environment can be daunting so to maximise learning and provide individual support we limit our courses to a maximum of 12 participants.
We engage qualified and experienced trainers who have a wealth of industry knowledge, expertise and a passion for training.
Our learning centre offers each participant user friendly information technology equipment with access to a variety of workplace templates and industry resources, to maximise your time spent on practice and learning.
- Are seeking employment as trainers/assessors with a Registered Training Organisation
- Are experienced industry based trainers and assessors who are seeking to upgrade their qualifications
- Are career minded individuals who are aiming to improve career prospects
- Are focused on a long-term career in training and assessment and want to have a competitive edge
- Are self-employed trainers/consultants who have a primary business focus of professional development for clients.
Participants completing our TAE40110 may wish to continue their study with the TAE50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training and/or the TAE50211 Diploma of Training Design and Development.
Our blended model program is designed to be practical and interactive with a commitment to deliver the highest quality training that is directly transferable to your own workplace. Throughout the course participants complete many individual and group based activities and tasks (formative assessments) such as: scenarios, case studies, group discussions, reflective questions, simulated role-plays, self-paced study and two individual presentations. These are all included in our in-class workbook.
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) comprises of 10 units of competency – 7 core and 3 elective units. Our course is clustered into 3 fields: Design, Deliver and Assess. This enables a flexible learning pathway and adaptable entry and exit points. Participants are able to self manage their learning, in discussion with their trainer, by electing a program schedule that suites them and are interchangeable monthly. Call us any time to discuss your options.
Field 1 - Design: Days 1 & 2
This competency cluster will provide understanding of the Australian Qualification Framework and the VET sector. It will enable learners to use research methods to do a training needs analysis and to develop a training & assessment strategy which will enable them to design an appropriate training programme to address their needs. It will also focus on language, literacy and numeracy components using the ACSF indicators and how to implement these components into training sessions.
- TAEDES401A – Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A – Use training packages and accredited programs to meet client needs
- TAELLN4011 – Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
Field 2 - Deliver: Days 3 & 4
This cluster will provide learners with the skill & knowledge to be able to facilitate training to groups and individuals in the workplace.
- TAEDEL401A – Plan, organise ad deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- BSBCMM401A – Make a presentation
- TAEDEL301A - Provide work skill instruction
Field 3 - Assess: Days 5 & 6
This cluster provides learners with the skills & knowledge to develop and conduct competency based assessment in the workplace using training packages as the benchmark.
- TAEASS401B – Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B – Assess competence
- TAEASS403B – Participate in assessment validation
Field 4 - Learner Support Workshop (optional): Days 7 & 8
Participants will also have the opportunity to attend a trainer-led learner support workshop. These 2 additional days will enable participants will work on a 2 hour delivery which will be presented to a learner group.
Criteria for Success
Carson Australasia has developed the following accredited course to meet the requirements for the full TAE40110 qualification:
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction (elective)
- BSBCMM401A Make a Presentation (elective)
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy & Numeracy Skills (elective)
- TAEDES401A Design and Develop Learning Programs
- TAEDES402A Use Training Packages and Accredited Courses to Meet Client Needs
- TAEDEL401A Plan, Organise and Deliver Group-based Learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, Organise and Facilitate Learning in the Workplace
- TAEASS401B Plan Assessment Activities and Processes
- TAEASS402B Assess Competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in Assessment Validation
Summative Assessment (Post-course Project)
To complete this qualification it is anticipated that you will apply the knowledge and skills obtained during the face-to-face delivery into your workplace, you will be required to:
- Design and deliver a 2 hour training session to a group of learners based on a unit of competency contextualised for their own workplace.
- Submit all relevant documentation and resources as part of their project, including session plans, learning activities, handouts and PowerPoint presentations.
- Perform an on-the-job coaching session to facilitate work based learning
- Participants will be expected to show how they might modify their training and assessment material to suit learner groups with LLN considerations.
- Design summative assessments using their chosen workplace unit of competency, which will be reviewed and evaluated and modifications made.
- Complete underpinning questions and answers.
Participants will be given 12 weeks to complete and submit the post-course project.
A range of templates and examples will be provided in the Project electronic copy. All project documentation is expected to be submitted electronically.
Participants will be provided with written feedback for their post-course projects. Where deemed not yet competent, an assessor will give detailed feedback of the aditional requirements and another opportunity will be given to resubmit. The assessor may organise a coaching session either telephonically or face-to-face to discuss requirements or concerns. We are here to help and will be with you every step of the way.
Your Course Support
As a Carsonite, you will have our support to give you every opportunity to achieve your learning objectives. Carson will endeavour to support participants in their post course project and setup telephonic or face-to-face coaching sessions. Participants have access to the optional 2 day Learner Support Workshop which can be accessed during any course allowing for flexible learning. We encourage post course correspondence where questions, queries and concerns are answered promptly by our trainer and assessor. If there are any LLN considerations or specific requirements of participants, Carson will ensure that support strategies are in place to guarantee access, equity and confidentiality.
Where a participant does not (or is unable) to complete any aspect of the course requirements, Carson will consult with the individual to determine provisions for completion (i.e. re-attendance, re-assessment, RPL, or other options customised to suit the individual and within our ability to do so). Every participant has the right to an appeal, as outlined in our Learner Information Handbook.
Upgrading from TAA40104 and acquiring the TAELLN411
Upgrading from the TAA40104 requires completion of our 2 Day upgrade course. Upon completion of the TAA upgrade program, participants will also achieve the TAELLN411.
Note: Participants holding the TAA40104 from another RTO must provide a Certified copy of Statement of Results.
For more information about these changes, please click here.
We also offer a separate one-day TAELLN411 course. Click here to find out more about this course.
TAE40110 - Full Course (6 days)
TAE40110 - Full Course with optional Learner Support Workshop (8 days)
TAE40110 - Learner Support Workshop (2 days)
TAE40110 - Upgrade from TAA40104 and TAELLN411 (2 days)
TAE40110 - RPL
TAELLN411 - Address Adult LLN Skills (1 day)
All courses are exempt from GST.
Our training rooms are centrally located
on Edward Street in the Brisbane CBD.
Find us at:
288 Edward Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
Our full TAE40110 course is run every month throughout the year.
We also run several TAA Upgrade and LLN courses throughout the year.
Click to access a summary of the language, literacy and numeracy requirements for a trainer position.
A summary of the employability skills developed through this qualification can be downloaded from the link.
RPL is available for this qualification. Initial application fees apply (non-refundable). Full payment only due where an initial application is successful and a full RPL collection occurs.
Carson Australasia will provide guidance if an RPL pathway is sought.