Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
FULL COURSE - 6 Day Face to Face (and project)
There are 10 units of competency necessary to gain this qualification, including seven (7) core and three (3) elective units.
The units in our course, course schedule and assessment requirements are outlined in our TAE40110 Brochure.
Our course units are also listed below with links to the TGA website - www.training.gov.au.
We provide support and guidance with access to at least two highly qualified trainers for each program.
We also limit participant numbers to ensure a high ratio between trainer and participant.
Full Cert IV TAE40110 Course
To achieve the TAE40110 all face-to-face activities and post-course project must be completed.
Throughout the course participants complete many individual and group activities and tasks which comprise the formative assessments included in the course.
Formative assessments (recorded and assessed in Participant Workbooks) include:
- Practical individual and group activities (with reflective Q & A)
- Group discussions
- Case-study analyses
- Two individual presentations
- Simulated role-play situations, and
Formative assessments, including:
- The production of a set of training and assessment documentation (recorded and assessed with the Post-course project).
The Post-Course Project
The post-course project consolidates the transfer of skills and knowledge from the face-to-face program and under our guidance participants begin the project during the 6 day program. Full support and coaching is provided to complete the project (participants may also elect to attend our scheduled Project Coaching Days - which carry a fee of $300 - see below).
The project requires participants to develop and deliver a training program to cover one unit of competence (with a minimum of two consecutive sessions of 40-60 mins each). A range of templates and examples are provided.
Participants will be provided with written feedback for post-course projects (and are expected to complete within 8 weeks post-course, but may have the opportunity for part submission or re-submission up until the final submission of 12 months). Where a participant has not completed (or is unable to complete) the full summative assessment requirements, Carson will issue a Statement of Attainment for those units completed in the Face-to-face program and additional units completed with project partial completion.
Day 1 of the course begins at 8.45am. Every other day starts at 9.00am and we endeavour to finish about 4.30pm. We allocate 15 minutes for morning and afternoon tea and 45 minutes for lunch.
Carson Australasia has developed the following course to meet the requirements for the full TAE40110 qualification:
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction (elective)
- BSBCMM401A Make a Presentation (elective)
- TAELLN401A Address Adult Language, Literacy & Numeracy Skills (elective)
- TAEDES401A Design and Develop Learning Programs
- TAEDES402A Use Training Packages and Accredited Courses to Meet Client Needs
- TAEDEL401A Plan, Organise and Deliver Group-based Learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, Organise and Facilitate Learning in the Workplace
- TAEASS401B Plan Assessment Activities and Processes
- TAEASS402B Assess Competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in Assessment Validation
Project Workshop TAE
All Carson participants are welcome to
attend a scheduled 1 Day TAE Project
The Project Workshop Day carries a fee of $300.
During the Project Workshop Days,
participants will work on the TAE project
documentation with the assistance of one
of our experienced trainers. Participants
then deliver their project on-the-job and
submit all completed documentation.
Upgrading from TAA40104 and acquiring the TAELLN411
Upgrading from the TAA40104 requires completion of our 2 Day upgrade course. Upon completion of the TAA upgrade program, participants will also achieve the TAELLN411.
Note: Participants holding the TAA40104 from another RTO must provide a Certified copy of Statement of Results.
Why is the TAELLN411 Address Adult LL&N Skills unit included?
All Trainers and Assessors will be required to hold the LLN unit as a core unit (expected by mid 2014).
The LLN unit requires demonstration of the following knowledge and skills:
- Ability to specify the critical LLN skills essential for their industry and workplace
- Ability to identify cultural and social sensitivities for individuals requiring LLN support
- Ability to identify sources of resources to support LLN
- To evaluate own training and assessment practice (in relation to LLN)
- To use tools to identify the LLN requirements for vocational training and assessment
- To gather and use information on the current LLN skills for your learner group
- Identify and use strategies to assist learners with specific LLN requirements, and
- To determine areas for improvement of own practice.
Our 2 Day program is designed to cover all of the above requirements.
For more information about these changes, please click here.
We also offer a separate one-day TAELLN411 course for those who already hold the TAE40110 but are missing this unit. Click here to find out more about this course.
TAE40110 - Full Course
Upgrade from TAA40104 and TAELLN401A
TAE40110 - Full Course (for previous Carson clients)
Upgrade from TAA40104 and TAELLN401A (for previous Carson clients)
TAE Project Workshop Day
TAE40110 - RPL
All courses are exempt from GST.
Our training rooms are centrally located
in Queen Street Mall in the Brisbane CBD.
Find us at:
33 Queen Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
Our full TAE40110 course is run every month throughout the year.
We also run several Project Days, TAA Upgrade, and LLN courses throughout the year.
There are no prerequisites for entry into this program. Please contact us if you have any issues or concerns regarding language and literacy, as we can offer you coaching to complete the course.
A summary of the employability skills developed through this qualification can be downloaded from the link.
RPL is available for this qualification. Initial application fees apply (non-refundable). Full payment only due where an initial application is successful and a full RPL collection occurs.
Carson Australasia will provide guidance if an RPL pathway is sought.